This plot, with its stunning views, was in our possession for quite some time and Red Atlantic had to design something a little bigger and more luxurious than the average home in this estate. They also had to create north-facing living areas on a small yard and had to ensure that they make the maximum use of the panoramic views. It was quite a challenge, but Red Atlantic’s designs exceeded our expectations for this three bedroom house with its en suite bathrooms.
The open-plan kitchen, dining and living area creates flow and space. A Black Falcon Elan stove, typical of the old AGA-style, is the centerpiece of the kitchen and white cupboards were installed to contrast the beautiful, black stove. “Gray Oak" wooden sheets were used to bind the black and white in a stylish way. We decided not to install top cupboards in the kitchen, but only ornamental shelves in strategic locations.
* The Steenser Classic Gray Screed floor creates a timeless effect and is complemented by the Aegean Splendour gray future wall behind the stove.
* The staircase to the second floor combines the Steenser Classic Gray stage finish and glass balustrades.
* On the first floor Decoria's Cappuccino vinyl floors were installed to create warmth and simplicity. Vinyl is waterproof; therefore we could use this flooring everywhere, even in the bathrooms.
* The frameless glass showers with gray mosaic walls in the bathrooms are splendid and the freestanding bath in the main en suite creates a sense of space.
* A Grappa wooden deck was used as an alternative to ordinary concrete and tile floors in the outdoor undercover entertainment area.
* In front of the house we used our own Steenser Custom cast steps and decorated it with desert roses planted between the blocks.
* A double garage, guest toilet on the ground floor and television room on the first floor are lovely extra features.
Steenser Speciality Finishes
• Steenser Classic Screed floor
• Steenser Custom cast outdoor steps
• Falcon Elan Cooker
• JDW frameless glass balustrades
• Colorado beige multi-fuel heat stove
• Gray Oak work tops in the kitchen
• White Duco kitchen by Caraldo Furnitures
Renier van Jaarsveld
Red Atlantic Architecture